Channel Balance

A landlord from Mesa, AZ says:
Hi,

I need to replace two Channel Balance's, I'm not sure if I need the S351 or a different type.

Numbers on the rail 27 4 CW CMC 9
length - 28"
Width - 1/2"

Also its not allowing mt to upload photos, its timing out. If you email me I can forward the pics to your email.

Thank you
Shar
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

I am sorry to hear that you're having trouble uploading photos to us. You can email your photos to help@swisco.com. Just be sure to include your reference number, D164806. Thank you. 

A landlord from Mesa, AZ says:
images
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2137.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2136.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2138.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hey Shar. Yes, this definitely looks like the S351-28 or perhaps also the S390-28. The only difference between these two balances is the depth of the bottom nylon shoe, which can be thought of as the 'heel-to-toe' measurement, so compare both with your old hardware to see what matches best. You will need a stamp option of 2740. 

A landlord from Mesa l, Az says:
So I measured the shoe, I'm not sure about the size.

Can I get your thoughts on it.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 6F426001-6480-4BB0-8336-CEA9301CEFC2.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

I think you are on the right track here. Again, the depth of the bottom shoe can be thought of as a 'heel to toe' measurement, just beneath and perpendicular to where the metal channel ends. With the Series 380, this depth is 1"; with the Series 385, the depth is 1-3/32". Despite a very small difference, it does affect window compatibility. Now, it looks possible you have a show that is slightly greater than 1" deep--in which case you'd want the Series 385. But I caution that reading measuring tape from photos is never too reliable, as the depth perception can be misleading, so do your best to confirm this. Let me know what you decide on.

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.