Channel Balance

A quick learner from San Diego says:
Hello- I need two sets of channel balancers. The window weight for both windows is 26.6 Lbs. One window is 26", the other is 32". Other than size, weight and attached pics are the same for both windows.

Thank you!!!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 182516A3-0291-4323-B267-05D9B8C6A707.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2E403DB6-CD46-4EDB-B3C6-8432DD17F539.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named FB9E8D3C-E159-4523-97B0-4A633F06E09D.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 68A8E435-CC81-418D-9DA3-3CB9DB7C2C67.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named F606D08C-00F1-4581-814C-247559AF7724.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

This looks like a Series 351 or Series 390 Channel Balance. The only difference between these two balance Series is the depth of the bottom nylon shoe, so compare both with your old hardware to see what matches best.

We judge channel balance lengths by the length of the metal channel, so I would confirm the metal channel length of each set you need to get this right. Finally, we generally recommend you choose stamp options based off the old stamps on the balance. I see one of your balances has a stamp code of 3120. This stamp designates a balance that is meant to support a window sash in the weight range of 12 through 16 lbs; yet you say both sashes weigh 26.6 lbs. Did you ever have trouble keeping these windows open before the balances failed? In any event, I would highly recommend double-checking those sash weights, and please show us the stamp codes on both set of balances if you're uncertain. 

A quick learner from San Diego says:
Thank you for the response. The stamp codes I have are 3120 and 2520. The problem is that these balancers do not hold up the windows. I think the person that tried to repair these put in the incorrect balancers- but this is all I have to go off of. How much would the cost be to order 4 sets...Two of the 351 series and two of390 series?

351 series, two balancers (one set) for 26"
390 series, two balancers (one set) for 26"
351 series, two balancers (one set) for 32"
390 series, two balancers (one set) for 32"

Thanks!
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

All the prices for the S351-26 and S390-26, as well as the S351-32 and S390-32, are listed on their respective shop pages, and shipping options and costs are listed when you input your zip code upon check out. Now, if you are saying the balances failed to really hold up the windows even if they hadn't broke, and if you are absolutely certain both windows weigh 26.6 lbs, then you might want to consider a stamp option of 2550 for the 26" balances (which supports a sash in the weight range of 25 through 28 lbs), and a stamp option of 3140 for the 32" balances (for a sash in the range of 23 through 28 llbs). I stress that you should be absolutely certain that the window sashes indeed weigh 26.6 lbs exactly before going this route, but these would be the proper stamp options for that sash weight. 

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.