Channel Balance

A home owner from California says:

The pics uploaded are of a ballast I got from you a few years ago. The window has barely been used, but there seems to be no problem. It has the swisco.com decal on it and is stamped 2110. 2110 BSI VR. This one is in a small sash and is the only one I have found that is a 2110. Some for the samller widows are 2120 and even one is 2130. The larger windows have 2130 ballasts.

Of the 4 pics, the ones with a tape measure are of that 2110 vrom SWISCO.COM. The fourth is one of the ones from a heavier sash. You can see how worn the nyon ends are.

The channel widths are all 1/2" w1de x 22" long, not including the nylon end tips. I can determine the lengths and am only concerned with the tips. If all the old ones are the same, which tips do I need? I will be ordering complete balasts, including tips and guts.

Would all the sashes likely have the same tips, with the differences being the lenths and weight bearing?

When I ordered in the past some years ago, I probably did so under an email address that I can no longer access. rjklaw.cox.

The name is Richard

Thanks.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210427_122607_resized.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210427_122238_resized.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210427_122246_resized.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210427_122300_resized.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210427_122321_resized.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hi Richard. I am afraid I can't find any older order records for you, but we should still be able to help. Now, in your pictures below, the ones with the tape measure show a 22" long balance that has a top fitting with no wings (those 'side tabs') and a bottom fitting or shoe that does appear to have wings. That would match our S350-22. Yet the first picture below shows a top fitting that does have wings, so I'm a bit confused about what goes where here. Please be certain you know what balances go with which window. 

For any balances that have wings on both fittings, you probably need either our S380-22 or S385-22. The only difference between these two balances is the depth of the bottom nylon shoe, or the 'heel-to-toe' measurement. Compare both with your old hardware to see what matches best. Let me know if you have further questions.

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.