Channel Balance

A friend from Auburn, CA says:
On the existing channel balance the marking is "27 5 FT CMC 2. Please tell me which of the channel balance options fit the weight of this window. The channel balance is 28" long metal end to metal end and is 9/16" wide. I am trying to determine the appropriate sash weight option.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I see you were looking at our Series 800 channel balance. Are you sure this is what you have? Keep in mind this balance is very skinny at 3/8". Your stamp is more common for 1/2" thick balances. I recommend that you look at our Selection of 1/2" Wide Balances and see if anything here would be a better match.

Once you've identified your Series, I would recommend the 2750 option.
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.