2430 BSI Channel Balance Custom

A landlord from Salt Lake City says:
My channel balance is similar to the S350 with a top piece 19-002 and bottom shoe is 15-005.

Is it possible to order this custom part?

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DF28E81D-5D50-4138-A0F1-3936C11EF373.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 7AA6F49D-3004-4B05-B2FC-73A212780BBA.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 776E3A1C-4ABE-4C21-9B04-EE8EBC91D04C.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named D2B71C7D-DE43-47FE-85D0-638F324EF67C.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 47625FCF-3424-4707-8A5C-D7640037D5AD.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. Can you confirm the depth, or 'heel-to-toe' measurement of the bottom nylon shoe? If it's 1", then you indeed need the 15-005 Shoe; however, if it's slightly greater than 1", then the shoe might be our 15-004, in which case you could use the Series 350 as a standard replacement. Honestly though, this shoe looks a bit like our 15-029 to me, which has a depth of just 7/8". Either way, if you could confirm this measurement, we'll know what you need. Many thanks.

I measured and it's 1". I attached the photos below showing the measurement.
How do i go about ordering a custom part with the 19-002 top and 15-005 bottom shoe?
I need 2 pairs, 1 25" and 1 17". The length is of the metal only not including the ends.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named AAE56BDB-F3AD-47E3-950E-761BA4983910.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 9F58E6F8-881F-40B5-85E9-ACAA223979E8.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm actually a bit confused now, as the balance you show in these new photos is entirely different from the one in your first post. The second balances does happen to be a custom balance as well, but of entirely different configuration. Is this from a different window? And does it also need to be replaced? If so, we can help, but I just want to be clear it won't be the same replacement for the balance in your first batch of photos. 

If you can confirm the depth of the shoe featured in your first post, we can get this started for you. If you need to replace the second balance as well, we can help, but we'll also need the stamp code on the metal channel. Thanks.

It looks like i have two different shoe sizes.

The first one is for the one pair at 25", the number stamped in 2430 and a shoe width is 1", Looks like the 19-002 top and 15-005 Shoe

The second pair is 17", the number stamped is 1620 with the shoe width is 7i/8". Looks like the 19-002. Top and the 15-029 shoe.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 73DDE6BD-95F6-4E00-9C4A-898A4B5552AE.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 695AE0AE-324A-4D0B-8F34-4556FD58B54F.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob

Thanks for getting back to me. I apologize, I was not clear enough with what I meant when I said the second balance you show has to be custom made. Let me explain, and also clarify a few things here:

• The second balance you show in your photos is actually also a custom balance for a number of reasons. First, the metal clip or hook comes out of the shoe itself, rather than the metal channel like in other balances. Secondly, the shoe is rivetlessly attached to the metal channel; with our other balances, the shoe is attached via rivets. 
  • The first balance you show, with the more typical configuration of the metal clip or hook coming out of the metal channel, will also have to be custom made, since if I believe it also uses the 15-029 7/8" deep nylon shoe. We can make these up for you no problem. 

Now, to be clear: Is the second balance you show in your photos, with the larger nylon shoe that has the metal clip or hook come out of the shoe itself, the one stamped 2430? And is the balance with the 15-029 shoe the on stamped 1620 and 17" long? Please confirm this, and I'll get both custom orders set up for you. Many thanks. 

How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.