Channel Balance Grand Ave

A quick learner from Bellflower California says:
  1. I have 5 windows I need to repair that use this size. Can you help me identify part number...
  2. I have 2 windows same style but 14" high window. The balancer is missing. Can you identify the correct part for me to order.
  3. I have 2 windows same style but 15" high window. The balancer is missing. Can you identify the correct part for me to order.

Thank you.

Joseph

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210710_181301.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210710_181255.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210710_175637.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210710_175716.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210710_175644.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for your patience during this busy season, Joseph. Your balance looks very close to our S385-25 at first glance, but you should look over the combination of nylon fittings to confirm. The S385-25 comes with a 19-005 top and 15-004 bottom, so as long as those match in size and design then you should be okay.

Concerning the two windows that are missing their balances, you're going to have to do some homework to figure out the right match. To start out, I don't know if the Series 385 will work for these windows. If they're the same exact model as the first window, other than size, then it's a safe bet. However that's still not a guarantee. Keep that in mind moving forward. This is an educated guess, at most.

With that out of the way, we have a simple formula for how to determine what size you need. All you have to do is measure the height of the visible glass and then add 1". Note that this is not the total height of the sash, just the visible glass.

For example, if the visible glass height is 20", then you want a 21" long balance. if it's 30", you want a 31" balance, and so on.

To determine the proper stamp option you will also need to weigh your sash on a scale. Fortunately, we have a chart on every single Series 385 product page that tells you how much weight each option supports. All you have to do is reference that chart and pick whichever one covers your sash weight.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.