Channel Balance Help

A home owner from USA says:
I have attached pictures of my two Semco channel balances, one of which needs replacing. As you can see from the codes on the balances, they both say 24. However, the broken channel balance measures about 26 1/8" long.

The longer channel balance (24HB) is for the lower/front sash, and the shorter channel balance (24HT) is for the upper/back sash.

Hopefully this information can help you determine which size channel balance I should order from you.

Lastly, my other question is regarding the Option of: 25HD, 25R, and 25TG. I do not know what those mean, so if you could help me determine which of those to select, I would appreciate it.

Thank you for your time.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSC_0321.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSC_0322.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSC_0323.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We should be able to help but I'd like you to confirm that our 15-197 locking terminal is a match to the end attachment in your photo. if it is, then these balances must be custom made and we'll need to send you a special order link. I'd also like you to confirm the metal channel length for each balance. if I'm following, one is 25" (top sash of 20.2 pounds) and the other is 26" (bottom sash of 21 pounds).

If this information is correct, then we'll just need the quantity of each balance that you'd like to order. Thank you!

Profile picture of Tom

If you click on the link I provided, you can see detailed pictures and dimensions for our 15-197. All you have to do is look at our info to determine if it's the same as what you have. Your shoe is at a bit of a weird angle in your original photos so I can't really be 100%.

If you only need one size balance, that's fine. Just let me know how many you need in that case.

Hi Tom,
To help confirm, should I take pictures of the ends of my channels balance to determine a match?

I've included pictures, so I'm not sure how else to determine a match?

I can also re-measure the length of the balances to confirm the lengths. I only need to order to 26" balance, though.

I took some close-up pics of the locking terminal (of the working channel balance) and attached them here. I also double checked the measurements and they are spot on match.

So would this still need to be a custom order? I would need the 26" length channel balance. Just to be sure, I measured again just the metal part of the balance and it came out to 26 1/16" long.

Also, just to clarify, this would be for the right-hand side of the window, for the front sash.

Lastly, to repeat my original question is regarding the Option of: 25HD, 25R, and 25TG (these were what showed up when I selected the 26" option. I do not know what those mean. Do these not apply if we have to custom order?

Thank you.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1249.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1250.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1251.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1252.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Yep, that looks like our 15-197 alright. This will definitely have to be a custom order. Specifically, it'd be our S751-26 with the default shoe swapped out for the 15-197.

In regards to the stamp options, these indicate the sash weight these balances can support. If you look on the S751-26 store page, you can see a chart relating each stamp to a sash weight. You had told my colleague Michael T. that the bottom sash is 21 pounds and the top sash is 20.2 pounds, which means our 25HD stamp is what you want to use.

Now we just need to know quantity. Once you tell me that, I'll email you an order link and price quote.

Hi Tom. Great, thanks for all your help and clarifying the stamp options.

So, I just need one of these, please.

Thanks,
Bill
Profile picture of Tom

Sure thing! I'll send that over now. 

I'll also send over an order link for 2, just in case. We usually recommend replacing both at the same time. It's ultimately up to you, of course, I just thought I'd give you the option.

Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.