Channel Balance Order

A handy person from Orlando FL says:
I just ordered:
35" Series 380 Channel Balances
S380-35
option: 3450

However, my window is 38lbs, a 50" double pane. I 'assume' the option 3450 is the heaviest load available and it will work much better than my broken one. Can you confirm my assumption?
Thanks, Joe
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Joe. I'm afraid the balance you ordered will be too weak. The 3450 option can only carry, at maximum, 34 pounds, regardless of whether or not your old balances are broken. You can see a chart on the S380-35 store page that shows how much weight each option can support. Out of curiosity, what was the stamp on your old balance?

Either way, we could custom make a balance for you, if you were interested. We would be using the special 3460 option, which can carry a sash weight of 34 through 39 pounds. I recommend returning your balances you ordered for a refund, when you receive them.
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.