Channel Balance Quote Request

A home owner from USA says:
One of your agents informed me that this balance has been discontinued and that the correct replacement recommendation would be a balance with a 15-230 shoe.

Can you please confirm?

I would like to purchase 2 of these balances.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.png
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us! This balance is an old and discontinued model that we are unfortunately not able to supply. We can still help, but it's a different style and some adjustments will be necessary.

As you've already learned, this new balance uses the 15-230 shoe. The major issue here is that this shoe is going to be a lot shorter than the one you're using now, especially taking into account how it attaches to the balance. With that in mind we will be adding 2" to the length of the metal channel to make up the difference.

So basically it would be the same style balance that you have now except it will measure 30" long (instead of 28") and it will use a 30F stamp. 

There's just one last detail I need for you, which is the clip at the top of the balance that installs to the track. In your case it should be either a screw tab or hook. In the meantime I will look into the availability of this size.

It's the hook that looks similar to the picture on the left.
Profile picture of Tom

No, the hook in your photo is at the bottom of the balance and clips onto a rivet. The piece I'm talking about is tied to the end of the cord that extends from the top of the channel. It's what connects the balance to the side wall of the track.

Correct I actually cut the clip off of that nylon rope that it was connected to. The hook that goes to the side wall of the window is that small clip. It attaches towards the top of the window. And then the boot is down at the bottom.
Profile picture of Tom

Yep, that's the piece I'm talking about. There are several different varieties, so I need to see it in order to move this forward.

The attached is the old piece I think it's a little bit bent from when the balance broke.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 8E754292-F22D-451D-81A4-5F664133E4F5.png
Profile picture of Tom

Perfect, that's all I needed to see.

I'll email you a purchase link and price quote right now that will let you add 2 of these to your cart. Let me know if you had any other questions.

Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.