Channel Balance Replacement or Repair

A quick learner from Davie, Florida says:
Hello,

I need four spring powered channel balances for my two front windows. Their design seems problematic using pulleys and an extension spring. The spring is quite powerful and wore, then pulled through the double pulley block anchor hole. They are all 1/2"wide x 24" long. All four failed the same way.
Possibly the double pulley block is available, hopefully improved.

The number 2320 with a small letter v is stamped on the back of the channel.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid the pulley system cannot be repaired or replaced. You will need a new channel balance. We can help, but I'm having a hard time making out what you have from these photos. Can you show me a clear picture of the top nylon attachment? Can you also tell me the depth of the bottom nylon attachment, shown in your second photo? The depth would be the "heel to toe" measurement.
A quick learner from Davie Florida says:
Hi Tom,
I hope these pictures are helpful. The top nylon attachment is shown beside an assembled window. It has a screw hole in it which fastens to an aluminum tab fixed to the upper corner of the sash. The bottom attachment doesn't hook anything, it just spaces the channel parallel to the sash. The alum channel is 24"long the pictures show the offsets of the bottom etc.
Channel Balance
Profile picture of Tom
Great, thanks. This will have to be a special order. I'll email you a special order link and price quote right now for 2 of these, which is our minimum. If you'd like to change the quantity, please let me know here and I'll be happy to do so.
A quick learner from Davie says:
Tom,
I need four custom balances.
Peter
Profile picture of Tom
Great, I'll send you a new link right now. Thanks again, Peter.
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.