Channel Balance S351-25 vs. S390-25

A quick learner from Des Moines, Iowa says:

Hello,

I am looking to replace both channel balances on 2 windows. My existing balances measure 25" long but I can't decide which model because of the shoe depth - and - which weight. The base seems to be 1 1/8" deep. And when I weighed the lower window panel it is 16 lbs. I actually already placed an order (order 1121170) for the S351-25, model 2440 but I think I may have picked the wrong one!! Maybe I should have gone for the S390-25, model 2430. Help!

Sara M

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

It's tough to make out the exact depth of your old shoe the way the tape measure is held up to it, but it does appear to be 1-1/8". You can try to see if the Series 351 works, but it will probably be loose in the track since the shoe is smaller.

A 2430 option would match your old 24C stamp, as well. You may be better off just returning the parts you ordered for a refund and placing a new order. You can see our return policy here.

A quick learner from Des Moines, Iowa says:
Thank you, Tom,

I cancelled the S351-25 and ultimately went with the S390-25 model, 2430 option and they fit perfectly. I truly appreciate your input and cannot say how pleased I have been with your team's customer service. Thanks again!

Best Regards,
Sara
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

No no, thank YOU for your business! It means a lot, it really does. We are of course happy to help. If you have any other questions, you know where to find us.

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.