Channel Balance selection

A quick learner from St Petersburg, FL says:
I am looking to replace the balancers on several non tilt single hung sash windows, I have identified the stamp on the balance as follows, 2190 32; 22 inches long. After looking this up I see you recommend 22" series 351 channel balance, which after measuring the top guide and shoe is identical in every way but one, mine has a 15-001 shoe instead of the standard 15-002. Please recommend the correct balance number, the sash weighs 35 lb.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Good catch! That tiny difference between the two shoes is key. A Series 351 with a 15-001 shoe is actually identical to our Series 390. Sounds like you need our S390-22 with a 2170 option (for a 35 pound sash). Does that look right?
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.