Channel Balancer milgard window

Quick Learner from Hawthorne CA
Sep 11, 2023 3:41 pm
I have a Milgard channel balancer that the rope snapped. The numbers on the balancer are 23 4 JV CMC 7. Can someone advise on which replacement channel balancer I need?

Thanks in advance!
IMG_6080 IMG_6079 IMG_6078 IMG_6077 IMG_6076
5 user uploaded images
1 Replies
Casey from SWISCO
Sep 12, 2023 10:25 am


With this combination of attachments, you could have either the S380-24 or S385-24 channel balance. You’ll need to measure as shown below. The Series 380 has a 1" bottom attachment, and the Series 385 has a 1-3/32" attachment. 

You'll also need 2340 spring strength options for your replacement balances. Thank you and let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts