Channel Balancer needed

A contractor from Basking Ridge, NJ says:
Hi,

We've purchased items from you in the past and have always been very satisfied with your great service and breadth of parts. We need one 14" 1340 channel balance with a 19-008 top and a 15-025 shoe, which would match the one in these pictures that we pulled out of a window. Could this be assembled/riveted and then shipped to us? If so, could you provide us a price & approximate lead time so we could review it and then order if it makes sense. Thank you very much!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image_123927839(7).JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image_123927839(8).JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image_123927839(9).JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! We can absolutely make this balance for you as a custom order. However I'd like to go over a few details first before we go any further, just to ensure that we get you only the best parts for your window.

I'll start with a brief explanation: these balances work on an asymmetrical window, meaning that the left side assembly is going to be different from the right side assembly. The assembly you're showing me here has both the top and bottom fitting, as well as the 1340 stamp, but the assembly on the opposite side should have just a 19-008 top but NO bottom, and a different stamp entirely (probably 1330).

Would you be able to confirm that for me? There are some rare cases where this rule does not apply, but I want to be 100% sure. Can you also tell me how many of each side you need? I'm assuming 1 of each but I would just need verification. 

A contractor from Basking Ridge, NJ says:
Thanks Tom, there is a balance in the opposite channel but we're only in need of this one at the moment. So 1 balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Sure thing. So, just to clarify, what I'm sending you here is the 14" balance with the 1340 stamp, 19-008 top fitting, and 15-025 bottom fitting. Is that correct?

I'm happy to email you a purchase link for this assembly, but I highly recommend replacing both balances anyway. In my experience you never want to mix old and new balances since the new balance will likely wear out faster than it ought to. The older a balance is, the more spring tension it loses, so over the years it will become weaker than it was brand new. That means the new balance will have to work extra hard to pick up the slack for its weaker partner, which results in extra wear. Hopefully that makes sense.

All that said, it's ultimately up to you. Just as a courtesy, I'll also email you a purchase link for what I believe will be a match for the second balance: a 14" channel with a 1330 stamp, 19-008 top, and NO bottom fitting. You don't have to add this to your cart, but I recommend that you consider it.

If you do decide to replace both balances, please make sure to first check the opposite side to ensure that my proposed construction matches. What I have there is really just an educated guess and I'm not 100% sure it's the same as what you have.

Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.