Channel Balances

A quick learner from Jackson says:
I have 2 windows that I need Channel Balances. One window has no Channel Balances. The other window has both balances, but one balance has no shoe and the other balance has no top piece, I cannot remove the sash. The windows are made by Gapco. Metal single hung. series 115, balances are 25 inches long (as best I could measure since balance was in the track, I measured the metal part), the balances are 1/2 inches wide. The other option I may have is to remove a balance from a good window of the same size and take a picture of it. Any help is appreciated.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Your best bet is probably to remove a good balance from a different window and take a photo of it. You could also remove the old balances and photograph both the top and shoe from the two different balances, if you can manage that. Either way, we just need to see those vinyl parts.
Here are some pics of the Balance that I removed from a good window. I did find a stamp number of 2430 on the unit. It is 25 inches long measuring the metal section. Thanks for your quick reply. Hopes this helps
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Welcome to SWISCO. You've got what looks like an S390-25, but you'll need to verify it. You need a 2430 stamp option for your 25" balance, but you have to check if the Series 390 is what you need. Measure the bottom shoe of the balance as shown below. For a 1-1/8" shoe, go with S390-25. If your shoe measures 1", go for the S351-25.71
Thanks for your help. I came up with a 1-1/8 " shoe after measuring. I will get them on order.
Thank you SWISCO for your help. The channel balances, sash locks and take out clips were received and now all windows operate like they used to. Thanks again,
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.