Channel Balances for Non Tilt Window

A quick learner from Tamarac, Fl says:
Good afternoon, i am having diffuculty identifying which replacement part to choose. the current balances have different Id #`s. one has number 2410 and the other 2320. can you please advise?
these are 1/2 inch channel width. thank you in advance
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190427_103145.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190427_103219.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190427_103222.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190427_103229.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190427_103231.jpg
these also look broken, i donĀ“t know what they are called
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190427_103451.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190427_103512.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting! Those stamps aren't ID numbers, they just indicate the spring calibration. The only way to confirm a good balance replacement is to go by the nylon fittings on either end of the metal channel.

Yours look like they could be a match for the 19-018 (top) and 15-005 (bottom), but it's hard to tell. If that combination is accurate, then you can use our Series 377. I'd go with our S377-25 for the 2410 balance and the S377-24 for the 2320 balance.

As for the top sash guide, I think that'll be our 18-042. See what yo uthink.

Profile picture of Tom

Awesome, thank you! We appreciate your business. Please let us know how it works out or if you have any questions.

thank you so much. I will order these parts.
Reading around in the comments in this website I found that a window should have the same size balances on each side. the ones I took out my window are different sizes. how do I determine if I need a 24 inch or 25 inch balance?
Profile picture of Tom

Ah, I see. I thought these were for two different windows. That is definitely an issue, thank you for clarifying.

In that case, what you want to do is measure the height of the visible glass, then add 1" to that. For example, if your visible glass is 23", you want the 24" long balance. 

Let me know if you run into any issues or have any questions.

excellent! Thank you. The glass measures 23" in length. I also weighed the window and it weighs 11 lbs. would i use the 2310 balance (dividing the weight between the two balances) or option 2320?

Profile picture of Tom

Great, if the glass height is 23" then you want the 24" long balance. 

You don't want to divide the weight between balances. Our stamp options take into account the support of both balances on either side of the sash. If your sash is 11 pounds then I recommend the 2320 option.

Looking over what I just typed out, it makes sense. All of that information matches up perfectly with your current 24" long balance. I would wager that whoever put in the 25" long balance only did so because it was the only hardware they had on hand for the repair. It's not ideal, but it unfortunately happens all the time when repair people are under a deadline.

Profile picture of Tom

That's great news! I'm glad we were able to help out. Please let me know how it works out, or if you have any questions.

And, of course, thank you very much for ordering with us.

thank you so much. I feel comfortable now ordering the parts.
Regards,
AMH
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.