Channel Balances for Pivoting Double Hung - 62A Series

A home owner from Huber Heights, OH says:
I'm looking for 8 channel balances for two pivoting double hung windows. I believe they are series 62A (ribbed) - see picture. 6 of the channel balances have 14 J stamped on them; 2 have W 14 stamped on them -- all 14" long. Images of the shoe style are attached. These are 30-year old Semco windows from Semling-Menke Company in Indiana. I have purchase receipt which says item # DCTSHB3228B, described as DC BR BOT SASH 3228 DUAL. Do you carry these channel balances with that shoe?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0119.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0117.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0118.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I don't believe your balance is made anymore, but I think we can still help. Please give me a little more time ot look into its availability and I will get back to you ASAP.

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hopefully I can help. Before I suggest a balance replacement, I had a few questions. 

In your photos, you show a 28HD stamp. Can you also tell me the length of the metal channel? I'm not sure if it's 28" or 29". Also, what is the width and thickness of the bottom nylon shoe? I'd also like to see how the balance channel attaches at the top of the window track. Finally, may I see the stamped code of the 14J and W 14?

A home owner from Huber Heights, OH says:
Ignore the 28HD stamp ... that is from a larger window, but same style channel. I need 15" long channels. Each sash weighs 12 pounds. The channel attaches to the jambliner with a hook (see picture). Pictures also attached of the correct stamps. Dimensions of shoe:
1 13/32" high
1" wide
25/64" deep
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0112.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0124.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0125.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you. We can supply this balance, but it will have to be custom made because of its unique configuration. These last pieces of information have told us everything we need to get the ball rolling. I'll email you an order link and price quote right now for 8 of these.

One last thing to know is that the S clip at the top is not included with this custom assembly. You can reuse your old one, though.

Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.