Channel balance

A quick learner from Florida says:
I need to replace 37" balances. Looks just like the 380 model. The shoes are both broken so I am estimating I need 1" shoe model although I can only measure 7/8" left on old worn and cracked ones. 22 year old windows. Stamp in channel is 3606. I cannot match that number on your table. These are wide windows and pretty heavy. Should I remove sash again and weigh it? Can you help ?
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

I am sure we can help you. It would be best to give us the weight of your sash, just to be on the safe side. We'd also like to see a photo showing the nylon fitting on the opposite end of the balance. The nylon fittings on both ends of the balance play a major part when recommending a replacement. Thank you.

Profile picture of Casey

Thank you for replying back with more photos. Our S380-27 seems to be compatible with your balance. This balance includes a 19-005 balance top and 15-005 bottom balance shoe. Since you mentioned your nylon fittings having some damage, you may want to consider comparing our part with one of your balances with the least amount of damage to determine whether or not this is the correct replacement for you. With the stamping on your balance not corresponding to any of ours, you will need to weigh your sash on a scale and refer back to the sash weight chart located on the product page. 

57" x 39" sash with single pane of glass.
I can weigh it once I get help to remove it again.
Pics attached
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 4FB73AE8-A621-436E-8C26-F8CD01186A71.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 35E713BB-F13C-4A00-930C-16EC6FA44AFC.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 180FE249-2944-4EBF-A672-3554BEE99A58.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey

The nylon fittings on both ends of the balance are the determining factors as to whether or not the S380-37 balance will work on your windows. There is always the possibility that your bottom shoe could have been 1" and worn down over time. I still recommend to compare our balance to one of yours with the least amount of damage. As for the option, you can go with the 3660 that supports a sash weight of 35-39 pounds. 

The sash in total weighs 36#.
The gap between edge of sash and back of window track is 1" on both sides. I cannot tell for sure if existing shoes on other working windows is 7/8 or 1".
Do you believe I need 2 - 37" S380 as described made for 36" sash?
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.