A quick learner from USA says:
Please recommend a replacement channel balance
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named JSD 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named JSD 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named JSD 3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named JSD 4.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for contacting us. We can replace this balance but it will have to be a special order due to its configuration. Specifically, you have a 19-041 top nylon fitting and a 15-005 bottom nylon fitting. Does that look good to you?

If so, please tell me the length of the metal channel, the number printed on it, and the quantity you need. Once I have this information, I'll email you an order link and price quote for the requested quantity.

The metal is 30" and faintly printed say" 29 (8 or 9 FT)
CMO 2. I will need 8 balancers
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks! I'll need you to clarify what that stamp reads. It's important that this we're accurate, since custom balances cannot be returned for a refund. If you cannot read the stamp, then we'll need the exact weight of the sash instead. Please be as precise as possible.

Profile picture of Tom

If the stamp is unreadable then that won't really help us. There's no way for us to determine the spring calibration just by having the balance in hand. The only other way to determine that, aside from the stamp, is to get the weight of the sash.

You can send it to us if you want, but if the stamp is unreadable then we won't be able to do anything with it. If the stamp is readable, then you can just take a picture of it or tell us what it says.

Why can't I ups you the old unit as to avoid mistakes?
Hi Tom

Let me know if this is good?

Thanks

Jim DeBonis
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named bal1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named bal2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named bal3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named bal4.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named bal5.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks, Jim! That definitely looks like "28-9" to me. I was afraid of this. We can still help, but stamps ending in "9" or "90" use an old rating system that is no longer standard in the industry. One of our options may work anyway, but I'll definitely need the exact weight of the sash. That way we can calculate what the proper spring strength rating will be.

Once I know that, I'll email you an order link and price quote for 8 of these.

Profile picture of Tom

Okay! Let me know whenever you can. We're here at your convenience.

Unfortunately I'm in NJ and the sash is in Florida. I'll have to call you next time I go down.
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.