S775 Channel balance, but with a hook on top

A handy person from Ann Arbor mi says:
The channel balance looks just like your series 775 with a 1 1/4" bottom shoe, but the top attachment is a hook, not a screw. Balance is 9/16" wide, non ribbed. It seems I can remove the top hook, maybe I can install the hook on the new channel balance provided there's a hole?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named BE02353C-8437-48F7-9B5C-E2B4D1ADE985.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2518EBF3-AF6F-488E-9769-DFF954443593.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 224D2359-C9AA-4487-B3A8-2F023BFF55E4.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I agree, that top attachment is a little peculiar. Please give us a little more time to look into this and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.

Thanks Tom!
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Could we have you provide us with the length of the metal balance and the stamping/markings on the balance?

Attached are photos of the stampings, size, and attachment if that helps.

The channel is 26 1/2 inches long

The stampings on the channel are 26CL, then under that is BSI, then under that is JL
Those are the only markings/stampings on the channel
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 348DEE8A-0C58-4A55-A3CE-323EEA8744DE.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 26CL  BSI
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named D8C646E9-8E72-4ED3-89A1-750ED3748BF3.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 02B89C27-63AD-4BDC-AACC-1D8E4C9361BB.jpeg
Did you have any luck figuring out what I have and what to use for a replacement? Thanks!!
Profile picture of Paul

Thank you for your patience. This one has taken a lot of digging. We have learned that your balance is discontinued and no longer made, but we're doing our best to find you something similar that will work. Please bear with us just a little longer as we explore all possible options. I hope to get back to you soon.

Thanks for digging!! Just my luck that they're discontinued?. Looking forward to your solution. Thanks again. I'm still wondering if I can use your new channel balance and install my clip/hook on the new balance, provided the new balance has the appropriate hole at the top for mounting?
Profile picture of Paul

Thanks again for waiting. So, I have good news and bad news. The bad news is, this balance is in fact discontinued. The good news is, the manufacturer thinks you can use our S775-27 balance with a 27C stamp as a substitute. After reviewing their info and our own specs, I agree. I think this is your best bet.

There's one catch, though. Our balance installs at the top of the frame using a screw. You will likely have to drill a new hole to get it to install in the track. Let me know what you think.

Thanks Paul. I'll order a couple and see how it works. Thanks for all your help !!
Profile picture of Paul

My pleasure! Thank you for buying with us and please let us know how they work out!

How to install a S775 balance
How to install a S775 balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.