What does the 281000A channel balance stamp mean?

A home owner from Naperville, IL says:
I have already replaced one window with the S370 2420. It went very well!! I am replacing the rest of my windows. I have 2 1610's and 2 2220's. Those were easy to identify. However, I have 4 more windows that are 281000A. Are those just 2810's? Why the extra "00" on the number? All the other windows do not have that.

Thanks!!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 281000A.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! That's actually a very peculiar stamp. I'm not sure why the manufacturer did that. It could be nothing, or it could be something extra special.

I think the best way to confirm would be to remove the sash and place it on a scale, to get its weight. Two S370-29 balances with a 2810 stamp can carry sashes weighing 7 through 12 pounds. As long as your sash falls within that range, then the 2810 is what you want.

If not, let me know and we'll find something better for your window.

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.