Channel balance

A home owner from Massachusetts says:
The pictures that I have sent you are from a window made by weathershield which I believe was installed in 1991 to 1993 not exactly sure. I would have sent you pictures of the part removed from the balance channel but I don't know how to get it out without breaking it. I am hoping that you can identify exactly what I need to replace this. I'm not exactly sure if you have to take out that whole channel, hopefully you can shed some light on this it would be greatly appreciated. And hopefully you have the parts to replace it. Thank you for your time on this matter.

Sincerely Mike
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid we did not receive your pictures. Can you upload them directly to this thread for us to see?
A home owner from Massachusetts says:
The pictures that I have sent you are from a window made by weathershield which I believe was installed in 1991 to 1993 not exactly sure. I would have sent you pictures of the part removed from the balance channel but I don't know how to get it out without breaking it. I am hoping that you can identify exactly what I need to replace this. I'm not exactly sure if you have to take out that whole channel, hopefully you can shed some light on this it would be greatly appreciated. And hopefully you have the parts to replace it. Thank you for your time on this matter.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you! You have a ribbed balance like our S750-21, but yours uses an old discontinued balance shoe that is no longer made. To remove the balances, watch the video at the end of this post. That should help you get them out.

As for replacements, if the shoes aren't broken, then you can use our S750-21 with a 20R stamp and then swap the shoes. You will need locking pliers so you can pull out some of the cord, then tie on your old shoe. If the shoe is broken, then take one jamb liner and sash to your nearest mill work for a new set of jamb liners.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.