Channel balance = Block and tackle removal of window

A quick learner from CT says:
The Weathershield windows have 23" Series 800 channel devices. However the windows cannot be removed because they are installed in sash channels that were installed when the old sash weight windows were removed. The house was built in 1922.
Can the replacement sash spring devices be installed into the window sashes without removing the windows?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm not sure what kind of windows you're working with, especially if they were made in 1922, but I can at least tell you that I've never encountered a balance that can be replaced without first removing the sash. I don't think that will be possible.

You should contact a local professional for assistance. It sounds like these windows are going to require a lot of experimentation to work properly and I don't think that will be something we can help with due to the physical limits of our service.

How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.