Channel balance replacement

A home owner from Brentwood, CA says:

I recently purchased the S350-22 channel balance (with the 15-004 shoe) and it is 1/2" too long. My balance measures 21.5". The foot is also a little too tall. Maybe my shoe should be the 15-001 or 15-002. Can you please help me identify the proper length of my channel balance and the proper shoe? The channel balance on the left (in my picture) is the one I purchased from you and the one on the right is my original balance. Thanks, Mike

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. If your old balance is 21-1/2" long, then it will have to be custom made. Before we can begin, can you confirm what number is printed on it? Can you also confirm whether you have the 15-001 or 15-002? I cannot tell from just a picture, since the difference is so subtle. You'll have to measure it carefully and get back to me. We have detailed measurements for each part that you can use as a reference. 

A home owner from Brentwood, CA says:

The number printed on the balance is 2140 and I have a 15-002. Can you tell me the cost on this product before you make it? Thanks, Mike

Profile picture of Tom

Thanks again for your patience. I just wanted to let you know we're still looking into pricing for this balance. I hope to get back to you soon with an answer!

Profile picture of Tom

Thanks again for waiting. I've just emailed you an order link for 2 of these balances. If you'd like to change the quantity, please let me know right here in this thread and I'd be happy to do so.

For clarity, we'll be using our Series 351 balance for these. This comes with a 19-002 top and 15-002 bottom, which I believe will better match your setup.

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.