Channel balance replacement

A home owner from Florida says:
I need to replace a non-tilt channel balance on at least one of my windows.
The metal portion of the balance measures 30 inches and I have attached photos showing the plastic caps on each end. The metal balance also is stamped g 2940.
Can you help me identify the proper replacement non-tilt channel balance?
Also, should I replace both channel balances for each side of the window, or only the one that I know is broken?

Thank you for considering my request.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tempImagedP9Rxm.gif
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tempImageBofcAn.gif
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tempImagegb0fBg.gif
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tempImageDfbI8j.gif
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for your photos. Based on what I see here, you have either our S380-30 or S385-30, depending on the depth of the bottom shoe. That's the only difference between them. I recommend measuring your shoe and referring to our dimensions to confirm the best match.

You should always replace both balances at the same time. Never mix old and new balances, or the new one will become worn out much more quickly.

Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
A home owner from Florida says:
Thank you for your response. The bottom shoe measures 7/8 of an inch, which I am told would require a custom order.
Can you provide a link to purchase two S380-30s with 7/8 inch bottom shoes (part number 15-029) with option 2940?

I also need two 24 inch series 380 channel balances with option 2340. These also must include 19-005 winged tops and the 7/8 inch depth shoe 15-029, instead of the standard 1 inch shoe.

Can you provide a link that will allow me to purchase these two custom orders?

Or do you think I can make the standard S380 channel balance work with the 1 inch bottom shoe?

Thank you for your assistance.

Profile picture of Tom

Ah, of course! If your shoe is 7/8" deep then you're exactly right: the 15-029 is the ideal match.

I'll email you two purchase links right now, one for each size. You can use those links to add those custom balances to your cart, which will allow you to checkout with everything altogether at once.

Please let me know if you had any questions or wanted clarification on this process. I'm happy to help in any way that I can.

A landlord from Salt Lake City, UT says:
I also need a pair of balanced with the 15-029 bottom guide and the 19-002 top guide. My channel is 1/2" wide. The length is 29" and the stamp is 2830. Can you send me a link as well?
Profile picture of Tom

Sure, I'd be happy to! I'll shoot that over now. 

Please let me know if I can be of any other assistance.

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.