Channel balance replacement

A handy person from Florida says:
my block and tackle balance is 37" and stamped 3650 with BSI rotated 90 and TL on it.I want to replace the balances on on the one window that has both tops broken off How can I remove the window to remove the balances when the top clips are missing and wont retain the balance?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
We actually have a video on this exact problem. You can view it below. You may also want to see our selection of top sash guides to fix the broken parts.
well yes...maybe I didn't make it clear...in addition to both top sash guides being missing both channel balance tops are missing so that both balances have move to the top of the window which prevents me from removing the window. I plan on replacing both balances and the other pieces but the window must come out first
Ok good news...I got the broken balances out by using some sheet metal screws to catch the balances. one balance was a 3606 and looked damaged in the pullies and the other was a 3640. My good identical window had 2 3650 balances in it...go figure. I assume I should use 3650 types. I'll be buying new balances and sash guides from you
ok....I need two new channel balances. I've inspected an identical window that works fine with no broken parts.the sash weighs 35 lbs. it uses 37" long balances labeled 3650
The identical bad window had one 3640 balance and one damaged 3606 ...crazy no wonder its bad. so I'm guessing I need a 37"(measured only metal) in a 3650 type attatched are pix of top and bottom shoes from a good balance. again I want to replace both of the balances from the bad one as they cant be correct. what part would you suggest?
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Great, these pictures are a huge help. I think our Series 380 may be a good match. This comes with the 19-005 top and 15-005 bottom, so as long as these match I think you should be okay.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.