Channel balance roller is split, not allowing string to retract.

A home owner from Vero Beach, FL says:
The roller in the channel balance is split, not allowing the string to retract, therefore keeping the spring in the stretched position. It is a PGT aluminum window if that matters? What model number is needed to replace this channel balance? I'd like to purchase this from Swisco as soon as possible. Thank you!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8781.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8782.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8783.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8784.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8791.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello there!

Thank you for reaching out to us. Based on what I see here, my recommendation would be the S395-37 channel balance. Your 36 9 stamp is outdated and doesn't correspond with any of our strength options. With that said, you'll need to weigh your sash and refer to the chart under the product description on the S395-37 store page to determine the appropriate spring strength option for your balance.

A home owner from Vero Beach, FL says:
Hello Emily,
I'll check out the product page when I get home this evening and purchase the appropriate channel balance.
Thank you,
John
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Sounds good, John. Let me know if you have any questions and I'd be happy to help! 

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.