Channel balance with no number

A handy person from Northern California says:
I have 4 identical windows that all slowly slide down when opened. They have been installed for about 15 years. Would applying oil to the pulley bearings help or make matters worse?

I have what appear to be 22 in long S351 style channel balances, but with no 4 digit number on them. One of balances has an ink stamp of

21 5 CU CMC 4

The windows weigh 33 lbs. What 4 digit number version should be ordered if replacement is the right answer.

Doug
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Good morning, Doug. Thanks for getting in touch with us. After 15 years, I don't know if anything will really do much good. It's probably time to replace the balance altogether.

I agree with you--I think our Series 351 looks like a pretty good match. With a stamp like 21 5, I'd usually recommend our 2150 option. However, two balances with the 2150 option can only support a window sash weight of 23 through 27 pounds. Can you confirm that the length of the metal channel is 22", and that the window sash weight is 33 pounds? If so, then your balance may need to be custom made.
A handy person from Northern California says:
Yes, the metal channel is 22 in long and it weighs 33 pounds.

Doug
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks, Doug. That should be all the information we need. Take a look at this Custom Channel Balance Order Form that I've started for you and fill out the rest of the information. One of our representatives will get in touch with you shortly thereafter.
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.