A home owner from West Virginia says:
Tilt
Markings 08
22B
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20230327_152714.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello there!

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can't identify what you may have from this photo, unfortunately. The stamp on the metal channel only tells us the weight range the balance is calibrated to support. In order to help, I will need you to remove an undamaged balance and show us photos of the top and bottom fittings as well as any clip, shoe, or attachment. 

Emily,
Thank you for response. I bought a cabin at lake. I will remove one this weekendand take photos.

Thank you
Profile picture of Emily

Sounds good! We'll be here to help whenever you need us.

Hope pictures help.

Thank you!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5749.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5750.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5748.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5751.jpg
Profile picture of Emily

This is great, thank you! I recognize what you have here. It's our Series 770 but with a rivet in the top hole so that it may use the 19-029 S-clip (sold separately). This configuration isn't something we stock so it will have to be a custom order. How many balances are you looking to order? Our minimum for custom orders is 2. 

Note, if the pivot shoe is in working order you can just reuse it. If you needed a new one, our 15-178 may be what you want but I recommend you compare the specifications with yours to confirm. 

I will assess the windows this weekend while at cabin. I will need at least 4. Probably need tool. Cost of tool?
Videos are awesome!
Will I need to send you length of channel?
Thank you for your help!
Profile picture of Emily

Your metal channel length should be 22" but you can certainly check to confirm. We also recommend the cutout method as shown below to remove your pivot shoe. The 75-069 jamb spreaders are something we sell but we generally recommend the cutout method instead.

Also, please note that the jamb spreaders are not eligible to be returned for a refund and are quite expensive, which is why we tend to only recommend these to contractors who are doing these types of repairs regularly. Just something to keep in mind.

What I will do now is email you an order link for (4) balances that you can use to place an order on our website. Note, these balances do not come with the 19-029 S-clip. If you need more, you will have to add the needed quantity to your cart separately. 

Pivot lock shoe. I attached photos. Availability and cost?

Need of 4
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20230729_154414699.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20230729_154356260.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20230729_154345626.jpg
Profile picture of Emily

Our 15-178 and 15-188 come to mind. Review the dimensions for each and see which one matches up with what you need. These pivot shoes are presently in stock and dimensions as well as pricing can be found on the 15-178 and 15-188 product pages. 

I left at cabin. I do not have measurements. I will measure next week and order 4.
Thank you!
Pivot lock shoe
17/32 deep
7/8 possible 1" wide
1 5/8 high
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Unfortunately, the company that made your pivot shoe discontinued it so we won't have an exact match. We suggest the 15-179 that is 1" wide and a light 9/16" thick. I know you said 7/16" thick, but this was the closest we could find. With that said, you will need to change the pivot bar to something like the 26-021. Compare the specifications of your old pivot bar with this and see how they match up. Note, you only need one hole placement to align with one of the old ones. 

Let me make sure I understand.
My pivot bar will not work with the recommended shoe?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Yes, that is correct. 

How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.