Channel balances (2) are missing from noon till window

A handy person from Florida says:

I would like to buy 2 window channel balances for a fairly heavy Florida window unfortunately I do not have either of the channel balances that were in there to go by. I know the metal part of the channel needs to be 27 in Long. I have a photo of a window very similar which has channel balance code of 28f however this window is 31 in Long. I can safely assume that the plastic ends are the same and I have pictures of the ones off of the 31 inch long window which is approximately the same weight as the one I need.

The width of the metal portion of the channel appears to be 1/2 inch possibly a little bit thicker. I would like to buy two and have them shipped to my home if there's any way you can determine the ones I need. feel free to leave a phone number that I can call you at when I'm not working

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting! If the balance in your photos here have the same nylon ends as the one you need, then I think our Series 380 would be a good match. This comes with the 19-005 top and 15-005 bottom, so as long as those match you should be okay.

Since there is no old stamp to go by, you'll need to weigh your sash on a scale and refer to the chart on the S380-27 store page to confirm the best match.

I see you were looking at our S800-27; this will not work as a replacement since it is too skinny. You mentioned that your metal channel is 1/2" wide, but the S800-27 is only 3/8" wide.

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.