Single hung window, non-tilting
Imprint on channel balance is 2240 AD BSI
It is 23" long
Width of channel balance is a bit more than 1/2"
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSCN0693.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSCN0696.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. I'm afraid it's a bit difficult to discern your balance's end attachments in these photos. Could you show us clearer pictures of both end attachments, with the balance removed from the window? We should be able to identify the right balance Series you need. Many thanks.

A home owner from Los Alamos, Nm says:
ok. I took some new ones
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSCN0707.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSCN0708.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSCN0709.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSCN0710.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

From your photos, it looks like your balance's top attachment may be broken. Look and compare our top nylon attachment, the 19-005, to one of your good balances. If it matches, you have either a Series 380 or Series 385 Channel Balance. Compare the depth of the bottom balance shoe. If your old balance's shoe is 1" deep, use the S380-23. If it is 1-3/32", use the S385-23. In either case you will need a stamp option of 2240.

New photos for identification are attached.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSCN1006.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSCN1007.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSCN1008.jpg
Profile picture of Bob

This looks like a different balance than what you showed in your first set of photos. See our Series 370 Channel Balances. Review all the specifications to confirm they match.

Profile picture of Bob

OK, well if the balances you originally showed us were from the window, then Paul's recommendation is what you need: either the S380-23 or S385-23. As Paul noted, it looks like the top nylon attachment of that balance was damaged (our 19-005). 

The depth of the nylon shoe is the distance from the 'heel-to-toe' of the shoe. If it's more than 1" but less than 1-1/8", then I'm confident this is a Series 385. You can see the dimensions of the Series 385 shoe on the 15-004 product page, and the dimensions of the Series 380 shoe on the 15-005 product page. But frankly the other dimensions you mention, such as width with and without wings or height, are irrelevant to balance function. That's why we only ask for the depth; that's the only thing that really distinguishes the Series 380 and the Series 385, and the only thing that impacts their compatibility with your jamb track. 

The last pictures are from a replacement I got at a local store. I though it was wrong. I went there because I was confused about what you wrote: "Compare the depth of the bottom balance shoe. If your old balance's shoe is 1" deep, use the S380-23. If it is 1-3/32", use the S385-23. In either case you will need a stamp option of 2240."

3/32" is about 2 mm, which is very little. I am not sure exactly how to measure this. From the outside to the outside my shoe is a bit more than 1" a little less than 1/8 more, which should be 3/32. So i guess it is 1-3/32". Can you provide me the other dimensions of the S385-23 and S380-23 shoes i.e. length (i.e. along the rod) and width with and without the wings?
If I start measuring on the inside of the plastic on the wing side of the show it is 1", If I start measuring from the outside of the plastic it is 1-3/16. So I guess that is my real questions. I can't tell from your pictures where it is measured.
Where do you start measuring on the wing side of the shoe, on the outside or inside.
This makes the difference between 385 and 380 and is about 3/16.
Profile picture of Bob

You include the wings in the measurement--so on the 'outside'. If it's a bit greater than 1", then I think the S385 is the closer match. 

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.