Cheap Patriot Window Sash Spring Assemblies

A quick learner from Virginia says:
I have Identified the two sash balance assemblies that I need to repair my existiing Patriot 2200 Low E windows but am reluctant to just doing the S.O.S. time after time. The windows are only 5 years old and are not abused. I have a couple of broken sash springs. They are your plain 30C and Plain 28B and I could buy them but I will be buying this junk for the rest of my life. Is there a way to get a quality product that will last the remaianing life of the windows? 20 year warranty on glass minus 5 years = sash spring replacement 3 times before having to replace the windows. What a waste! Is there a way to upgrade the springs so they will last the life of the window? Sorry to be so grumpy but someone should be making lifetime warranty replacement parts so this kind of unnecessary maintenance is not needed.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Which replacement series are you looking at?

Sometimes if the incorrect strength balance is used the life of the window balance will be shortened. It is doubtful though that the manufacture of the window used the wrong strength balance. If you would like to check, remove the window sash in question from the window and weigh it. Respond back here with the weight and we can recommend a balance strength. FYI: the stamp option represents the length and the strength of the balance

Depending on how much the window will be used, manufactures tend to design balances to last about 5 years. Most balances need to replaced within 10 years. Regarding designing better balances... window manufactures design a new type of sash support balance every other year (hence, why there are so many different combinations of replacement balance series).
In my orgininal post, I think I spelled out pretty specifically what I was looking at. The only thing I did not specifically say was that these were tilt out windows. Is it possible to upgrad to the ribbed balances on the Patriot 2200 Low E series or do I have to stay with the plain?
I should have indicated in the last post that the shoe looks different but the ribbed balance looks like it is designed out of heavier material and the rivets would not break loose as quickly. That is why I want to know if I can "upgrade"?
Profile picture of Paul
Which series are your original balances? You did not make this clear in you original post. You wrote that you have a plain 30C and 28B which are not product numbers. Those numbers are stamp numbers. Stamp numbers represent the length and strength of the balance, they do not indicate which series your original balances are.

Remove one of your original balances and match the balance attachment to the product pictures found in the sash support balance catalog. There are three different series to choose from for tilt window plain channel balances. If you need help, take a picture and submit it here for us to determine which series you would need.

There is no way to 'upgrade' to a different series. Window manufactures design a window to only work with a specific balance series.
They are the 795 series balance.
Profile picture of Paul
If you would like to check if you have the correct strength balances in your window, please respond with the size and weight of the window sash.
That was not the question!
The Question is can I use a better design like the 750/751 and change shoes from the 795 series? I know what is stamped on the window. If you read the thread from the start, you will realize that I am trying to find a more durable solution than the factory OEM equipment.
Profile picture of Paul
No, I am sorry you cannot change which balance series is used in your window. Your window was made specifically for one style of sash support balance.

I asked for the weight of your window sash because there is a slight chance that the window manufacture installed incorrect strength balances in your window.
A home owner from Bedford NH says:
I have a Patriot window that was damaged from Hurricane Sandy. I need to replace the sashes and can't find them. I know that Patriot went out of business. Do you know where I can find them?
Thanks,
Karl
A quick learner from Lexington, SC says:
Where can I find the latch and keeper (white) for a Patriot 2200 Series window? I know they aren't made anymore, but there have to be some around somewhere.
Profile picture of Paul
Thank you for posting. Unfortunately I am unsure what lock they used for their 2000 Series. May you provide us with some photos and dimensions to further assist you?
A home owner from Corsicana, Texas says:
We purchased double pane windows when we built our house and they have a lifetime warranty. How do we locate someone to replace them? It was 30+ years ago and all we have it this info inside the window.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DDAC3642-B2BC-40EB-AE97-7918AE9ABB40.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid that I can't quite make out the manufacturer information on this sticker. Would it be possible to see a clearer picture?

I can't guarantee that we can get a name for you, or that the company is even still in business, but I will do my best to point you in the right direction.

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.