Child safe options for cam handle

A home owner from Chicago says:
My condo has floor to ceiling windows, with a hopper window at ground level opening inward. The handle looks like 38-093L and 38-093R.

My concern is that my toddler will pull on the levers and pull the window in.

Are their any handle options like this that have some sort of lock mechanism instead?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0697 (1).jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0696 (1).jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0695 (1).jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0694 (1).jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0693 (1).jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us. I just wanted to let you know that we're looking into this locking handle and hope to have an answer for you soon. Please bear with us a little longer as we look into it.

Profile picture of Tom

Thanks again for your patience. So, I have some good news: there is a product we can bring in that we think can replace your original. However, there are a few tiny, but important, details that I need you to clear up before we move forward.

First, please look at the diagram below. This is for a product that we currently sell that's similar in design to your original, though it won't work. I'm just using it as an example. I want you to focus on two indicated measurements: the one marked 1/2" and the one marked 7/32". Can you give tell me what those same dimensions are on your original lock? We'll call the 1/2" measurement "A" and the 7/32" measurement "B."

There are five sizes available for this new product we're trying to bring in for you, and I need you to tell me which one is a match. They are as follows:

• A: 7/16" & B: 7/32"
  • A: 7/16" & B: 9/16"
  • A: 7/8" & B: 7/32"
  • A: 7/8" & B: 9/16"
  • A: 7/8" & B: 15/16"

Please get back to me at your earliest convenience and we can work from there.

A little complicated as there is a taper on the B portion.

So towards the bottom, A = 13/32" B = 7/32"

But on the top, which I assume is the part that matters:

A = 7/16" , B = 3/16"

Note that the latch on the frame connects on the A/B interface; extending to the right past B is open air, so presumably 7/32" or larger would work. The hole the handle fits through is 3/8".
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named front view.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named side view gasket.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named A bottom.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named A top.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named gasket.png
Also attached are some views of the holes for the handle and the latch on the frame. I tried to get as good measurements as I could.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named frame latch.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named hole dimensions.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named handle holes.png
Profile picture of Tom

Thank you so much! With those dimensions in mind, I think our A: 7/16" & B: 7/32" size would be best for you. Can you just confirm that you want this in white, or another finish? Once you give me the go-ahead on that, I'll get the ball rolling.

Existing handles are chrome, that would be preferable.

Is there an existing product I could look at to get a sense of what it would look like?
Profile picture of Tom

We don't have photos of this lock yet since it's still being made, but it's going to more or less look like the image below with a couple differences. Namely, yours will have front mounted holes for installation screws. It's also missing the removable key handle, which will be sold separately. We're also bringing those in, of course.

Lock
As for color, the finishes available will be dark bronze (shown above), white, and aluminum; aluminum would probably be the closest color to chrome. The image below will show you a different, unrelated part we carry that has the same color finish to give you an idea of what it'll look like.
swisco.com
Okay, yes, that would be perfect!

Thank you.
Profile picture of Tom

Awesome, I'm glad to hear it. We'll get the ball rolling on having stock made up in an aluminum finish and we'll notify you the moment they are available. This typically takes 5-6 weeks. 

Profile picture of Tom

Hello again! Our brand new 38-122 key operated lock and 38-027 key handle are now available!

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.