Circa 1956 Closet Door Hanger

A quick learner from US says:
The wheel broke on our closet door hanger. We're having trouble finding a replacement with no offset. Bracket is 1" wide x 3" high. Wheel is 1"
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm sorry to say that your photos didn't come through. They just came in as blank white pictures. Could you try again? 

Considering the age of your door, I should tell you ahead of time that there's a good chance we won't be able to help. However, once I see your photos, I'll do my absolute best. Let me know!

Thanks for the quick reply! I just tried uploading the photos again, but they're coming up blank. Is there a limit to size, or format? They're jpgs, but not particularly large.
Profile picture of Tom

There is a limit, though I don't know it off the top of my head. Let's try something else. You can email the photos directly to help@swisco.com. The customer service reps who monitor that inbox will make sure I see them, and I can work from there.

please see attached
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 7-9.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 7-9-2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 7-9-3.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

Thank you!

I have some bad news, unfortunately. We don't have a roller exactly like this. The problem is the bracket yours uses. It's completely straight, while most closet door rollers in this style have an offset. I would say the best match in our inventory is something like the 23-015, though the wheel on this is only 15/16", not 1". That would be too small.

If you're handy, you may be able to swap the wheel out for another one. We carry the 32-039, which is usually meant for drawers, but it is 1" in diameter and 1/4" thick. Could you possibly adapt this to work on your old bracket?

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.