Circa 1979 Pella Wood Crank-Out Casement Windows

A home owner from USA says:
I need to replace the weatherstripping that is mounted on the inside of the window frame that ensures a weather tight seal when the window is closed. The 58-178 rainstrip shown on your website appears to be incorrect. Can you supply the correct part and installation instructions ? I need to replace weather stripping on 13 windows and a crank mechanism on 1 window. The windows are drafty from deteriorated weatherstripping, stick, and are hard to open. Also, please supply part # for window crank mechanism.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'd be happy to help you find a replacement for both the crank and weatherseal. However, I don't know exactly what you have. I think we should start with pictures before we recommend anything. That way there's no confusion.

For the crank operator, please open the window as far as it can go and take a few pictures of the entire part. It would be even better if you can remove the entire operator from the window.

As for the weatherseal, I will need you to remove a small piece and take a picture of its profile. This is so that we can see the shape of it, which is essential. Check out the video below to see what I mean.
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.