Closet door track install

A quick learner from united states says:
saw your excellent Youtube video on closet door tracks. I've got a question I'm hoping you can help me with.

The photo below is the low profile track to be installed on my basement floor. One side will be unfinished concrete and the other will be underpad & carpet. How should the track be installed?
- If the carpet ends at the edge of the track, It will likely be higher than the track leaving an unfinished carpet edge.
- If the carpet runs under the track, though a cleaner finish, would this be too soft a base?

Thanks,
Murray
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1427.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Murray. I definitely don't recommend installing the track on the carpet. You would want to install it on the harder surface. If that sets the track profile too low, compared to the carpet, then you could use a piece of wood to lift it up a little.

As for installing it into the concrete itself, you will need a masonry drill bit, plastic anchors, and screws. A local hardware store should be able to set you up with those parts.

A home owner from Canada says:
Hi Tom, thanks very much for your reply. Instead of plastic anchors, how about Tapcons?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I've never personally used those, but if those work for you then I say go for it!

Sliding closet mirror door rollers and tracks
Sliding closet mirror door rollers and tracks
VIDEO
WATCH >
 Sliding Closet Mirror Door Rollers & Tracks
Sliding Closet Mirror Door Rollers & Tracks
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.