Closet wheel replacement

A home owner from California says:
Hello,

My closet door wheel gets crooked, and it looks like in the photos. Please let me know which part I need to replace and the videos/instructions on how to do it?

Thanks,
Kim
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230102_110253.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230102_110444.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230102_110516.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230102_110619.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230102_110829.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

It looks like you could have either the 23-074 or 23-042 roller depending on if the back spline is round or square. We do not have instructions or videos for this particular roller style but you'll need to remove the door and lay it on a flat surface in order to disengage the original roller from the frame to install the replacement. Take a look and thanks for posting. 

I have ordered the item per your feedback #23-042. It does not fit. I attach the picture of the two (old & new) here for comparison. I have tried the new one with all closet doors (12) in my house and none of them matches. Can you help further on identifying the item?
Thanks,
Kim
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named monarch.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named closet_wheel_2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named closet_wheel_4.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named closet_wheel_3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named closet.jpg
If there is no matching item, can we just replace the wheel instead?
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

I'm sorry to hear that the rollers that you purchased didn't work out for you. They do look similar based on your photos but even a slight difference in spline diameter could make it difficult to install. 

Unfortunately, the 23-042 is the only roller that we carry with the same round spline shown in your new photos. We do offer a few different wheel replacement options depending on the diameter of your original wheel, which you can view here. You can also find our return policy here

Sliding Closet Mirror Door Rollers & Tracks
Sliding Closet Mirror Door Rollers & Tracks
VIDEO
WATCH >
Sliding closet mirror door rollers and tracks
Sliding closet mirror door rollers and tracks
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair Sliding Glass Door Roller Wheels and Axles
How to Repair Sliding Glass Door Roller Wheels and Axles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.