Please help me identify my window's pivot shoe!

A home owner from Bucharest, Romania says:
Hello,

I have three single-hung windows that are very old, (they don't tilt, just go up and down) one of which won't stay open any more, so I need to replace the parts. I think that what I have is the coil balance variant. Some windows have one coil, some have two...

I'm sorry to say that I know next to nothing about this types of windows because they aren't at all common where I live.

Also, I have looked for markings and numbers, but couldn't find any.

Here are some measurments that I took trying to guess what could be useful. Could you please tell me what to measure exactly if these are not enough?

69 cm (27 inches)
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The two main components you might need are the pivot shoe, which resembles our 15-175, and the coil, which could be our Series 152 . See our two videos relating to your window, which should give you a good idea how to replace this hardware.
A home owner from Bucharest says:
It would seem that the pivot shoe you suggested, the 15-175, is a little too thick for my window. I measured it and it seems that the pivot shoe should be at most 1.3 cm (0.5 in). Could you suggest one that would fit? Or do you think such a small difference won't matter? (The 15-175 is 1.4 cm, after all...)

Also, could you tell me the width of the Series 153 coil?

Many thanks for your help.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
That is a very small difference. Thing is, I don't know of any version of the 15-175 that is 1/2" thick as opposed to 9/16". I don't think the manufacturer would make another version of the same shoe with such a small difference. I recommend that you double check your measurements, just in case.

The Series 152, on the other hand, is 1/2" wide. When used with a clip like the one you show in your first picture, this would make up to be about the same thickness as the 15-175.
A home owner from Bucharest says:
Thank you for the quick reply. I will double-check my measurments, although it sounds like these are it.

In the meantime, could you tell me what accesories I should get? Are these OK?

Coil support barrel, 15-145
Coil bushing cap, 15-144
Coil bushing, 15-143

Will I be needing anything else? I need to make sure I get everything from scratch, as anything I already have is not reusable.

Again, thank you for all your help.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Great, let me know how those dimensions compare. As for the accessories, I've compiled a list for you which you can view on the right side of this page. All of this hardware is used with our 15-175 shoe and Series 152 spring.
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.