I need help identifying the correct parts to fix this window. Thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window #1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window #2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window #3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window #4.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window #5.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

It appears you need a new Coil Balance system. This looks like our 15-180 Pivot Shoe, which uses our Series 190 Coil Springs. For new housing, see our 15-181 Detent Clip and 15-182 Balance Bushing. Let me know if you have any other questions.

A quick learner from New Jersey says:
Thanks What balance should I get?

Choose a balance below
440 540 640 740 840
Profile picture of Bob

Each of those options reflects the weight that each coil spring can support. Look for stamped numbers on your old coil springs to see what spring weights you need. If there are none, or you are uncertain, just give us the exact weight of the window sash that these coil balances support. We can then calculate what you need. 

A quick learner from New Jersey says:
Hi

Cannot find stamp number on oil coil they were thrown away. Window weights no more then 15lbs. Can you calculate from that? Thanks
Profile picture of Bob

I'd try to double-check this weight to get it as precise as possible. For instance, if the sash weighs exactly 15 lbs, you could use (2) of the S190-740 7 lb springs on either side of the sash, for a total of 14 lbs of support. Being within 1 lb of the exact weight is usually fine; but that's why you should make sure you get it as precisely as possible, because if the window weighed 13 lbs or less or more than 15 lbs, then this solution wouldn't work for you.

How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.