Coil Balance

A contractor from Sunnyside, NY says:
Hello. I am attempting to identify coil balances for my existing windows. They are double-hung tilt ins. Additionally, I would like to know if you have the 'pin' that is attached to the corner of the sash.

Thank you for you assistance
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190503_102233.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190503_145528.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190503_102804.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190503_145541.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. This Pivot Shoe looks like our 15-175. Compare the width and thickness to confirm they match. This pivot shoe is compatible with our Series 152 Coil Springs. Let us know if you have any questions determining the spring weights you need. As far as your pivot bar, I can't be certain without seeing it removed from the window sash. You can start by looking at our 26-226 and 26-352, two pivot bars that are commonly used with the 15-175. It's really going to come down the distance between the mounting hole(s) and the tip that inserts into the pivot shoe. If at least one of the holes align with your old pivot bar, it should work for you.

A contractor from Sunnyside, NY says:
Thank you Bob. Very helpful.

One question about the pivot.. I think what is on my window is actually a pivot pin. It is not a straight bar attached at the bottom of the sash. It's "L" shaped and fastened to the side of the sash.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for your patience while we looked into this. The manufacturer of your balance system suggests our 26-316 pivot bar as a replacement. I think this works the same way; the vertical "L" piece has the same shape as yours. It looks like your pivot bar recedes deeper into your sash channel, too. Or at least, I hope it does! Look it over and let us know what you think.

How to replace a window pivot bar
How to replace a window pivot bar
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.