Coil Balance

A contractor from Columbus, OH says:
I don't know the # of this balance. The cover shattered when I tried to move it, but I included a picture of the one still installed.
These windows have no take out notch, they are older and even spearfish f the jamb, I couldn't get it out. I cut a notch at the top, is that the best method? I will need 20 balances and 20 pivot bars. The pivot bars are 3 inches.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named F165232C-069F-4F36-9DBA-8AFD5F6EB44A.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us. I'm not 100% sure what this balance might be, though I have some ideas. Before I recommend anything, can you show me a clear picture of the pivot shoe the springs attach to? That will let me know for sure what you need.

For the pivot bar, I recommend the 26-241. This isn't exactly the same as your original but should work fine. 

Finally, concerning removing the balance assembly, you will want to make your own cutout if there isn't one already. The video below will give you step by step instructions.

How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.