Coil Balance General Question

A home owner from Natick, MA says:
Hello,

I have a coil balance spring system on a window where the lower sash will not stay open.

When observing the coil balance, it's obvious the coil spring has slipped off the coil balance clip. This is on both the left and right sides of the window.

The coil spring is bunched up with the shoe. I am tempted to remove the clip and just remount the spring.

Could you tell me how to see if the balances are broken? Is it possible the coil spring simply slid off the clips?

I am not at the property now, but can upload photos once I return.

Thanks.
A home owner from Natick, MA says:

Hello again. Obvious now that the coil spring has snapped and is broken on both sides.

Could you recommend which parts I need to replace this?

The coil spring reads a number "8" at one end.

Do different sides of windows generally have different numbers?Thabk you.

Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hi there, it looks like you need a new S152-8 coil balance spring. Also look over the complementary parts 15-143, 15-144, and 15-175. Let us know if you need any further explanation. 

A landlord from Natick, MA says:
This looks like it should work. I'll order this.

And thanks for the help, this website is an excellent resource.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

It was our pleasure. Thanks for placing your order with us and please let us know how it works out!

How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.