Coil Balance / Glazing Bead / Lock Keeper

A home owner from USA says:
Hi Swisco,

I need this replacement coil balance.

It has a stamp of J10 on it.

Also, the pivot shoe broke because glass was replaced and it was much heavier than normal due to it being fire rated glass.

If you can please provide me with somethig similar to this or something that can hold more weight.

I also need the attached glazing bead. It is for a Norco casement window and measures 1 1/2".

I also attached a picture of a sash lock keeper. For the coil balabce window. It measures 2 3/4" wide and the sides measure 5/8".

Thank you
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230105_174858.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230105_140213.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230105_140217.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230105_174914.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230105_174931.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

I can't be sure since your shoe is broken but it does resemble the 15-192 for Certainteed windows, which uses the S170 and S171 coil springs. If the window currently uses one coil on each side of the sash with 10J stamped on each, you will need to use an S170-405 and S171-405 on each side to replace the originals since we do not carry 10-pound strength options for these coils. 

If you have Simonton windows, see the video below that shows a conversion process with our recommended replacement parts. Some customers with Certainteed windows have also opted to follow the conversion since the new style 15-192 has more projection on the front, which needs to be shaved down in some cases in order to install them. Following the video would avoid that problem.

As for your glazing, we did carry something similar that was commonly used for Norco windows in the past but, unfortunately, it was discontinued and is no longer available. 

I don't believe we carry an exact match for your keeper but we would like to see the lock that it engages with, as well as confirm the distance between the installation hole centers of the lock and keeper, to confirm if we carry anything that might work for you. Thank you!

How to replace a Simonton coil balance
How to replace a Simonton coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.