Coil Balance Help

A quick learner from Dublin, OH says:
I purchased double coil springs (#8) along with a coil balance shoe as I believed my original coil springs failed. I did not replace the support clip or balance bushings. I installed the double springs and shoe with the original support clip and bushings. I cannot get the pivot shoe to "lock" in place and align with the other side of the window in order to reinstall the window. I can get the shoe to unlock and move down, but it will not stay locked in that position. Do I need to replace the original support clip and bushings as well or is there something else I can try. Thanks.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2092.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I don't think replacing the support bushings will have any effect on how the balance itself locks in place. The only role those parts have is to anchor the screws to the frame, and it should be perfectly okay to just re-use the old ones.

Can you go into more detail as to exactly what's happening? You said that the shoe can unlock fine, but will not re-lock. What happens when you try to turn the cam to lock it?

A quick learner from Dublin, Ohio says:
Tom,
When I unlock the shoe and slide it down to match the other side position and turn the cam to the lock position the whole shoe slides (forcibly) back up to the springs with the cam in the lock position. I'm thinking I need to try another shoe (maybe cam is bad?)
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

That is very odd. If you're using an all new pivot shoe then you shouldn't be running into this problem at all.

I've honestly never heard of this issue before now. I had one more request for you before we go any further: if any of your old pivot shoes still work, can you install it in the same space to see if it runs into the same issue? I want to narrow down whether it's a problem with the shoe itself or the jamb. 

A quick learner from Dublin, OH says:
I will try this weekend when it's a bit warmer out and post the results.
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.