Coil Balance Parts

A handy person from USA says:
Please see the attached.

The shoe measures 9/16 ~ 5/8" x 1-7/16"

As you can see, the knotches has two knotches.

Looks like I would have to replace the springs and shoes.

Any suggestions?

Eric
User submitted a photo of a coil window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The manufacturer has actually discontinued your coil balance system. Now, they recommend our Series 152 coil balance spring. From your photo, it looks like it has a #8 printed on it. If so, I recommend our S152-8 coil spring with a 15-158 pivot shoe. Other parts you may need if they're broken or missing are our 15-143 support flange, 15-144 support cap, 15-145 support barrel and 33-072 screw.
A quick learner says:
Paul,

How would I connect the spring tot he shoe, with the smaller screw? where would the barrel 15-145 be usd?

Eric
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Yes, you would attach the spring to the shoe with the screw. The barrel goes inside the spring and fits over the cylindrical protrusions in the 15-143 or 15-144.
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.