Coil Balance Pat 5704165

A quick learner says:

Hi,

My name is Tony, I have a small window repair business in the uk. I have recently picked up a job of maintaining a block of apartments that all have coil balances. Some of the coils have already failed and the others are looking in a poor state and I don't like they will last much longer. I would like to replace a lot of the coils and have spares for the future. The markings are from spring up, 7s, 76 & 16. The pivot foot has 550 stamped on it. Hopefully the phots will help you.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards

Tony 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named coil balance.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Unfortunately, your pivot shoe is no longer available but we may be able to offer a substitute. We will need to see the pivot bar that goes into the pivot shoe cam and confirm the exact width and thickness of your pivot shoe to research this further. Thank you. 

A quick learner says:
Hi Paul,

Thank you for your reply. I will get the details you have mentioned and send them to you.

Thank you once again for your help.

Kind regards
Tony
A handy person from FL says:
I am looking for a replacement sash boot and coil springs, but I have never seen one like this. Can you identify this part5 from the pictures?

Thank you for your help and Merry Christmas
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0590.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0591.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0671.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0672.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We'd be happy to look into this for you but we will need to see the pivot bar that goes into the pivot shoe cam and the width and thickness of your pivot shoe to research this further. Thank you. 

A handy person from FL says:
Casey the pivot shoe is 1 5/8" tall 1 1/4" wide at the widest point and 1/2" thick. I will see if I can get a picture of the pivot bar. Unfortunately, I do not have one handy
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Great, we should have a better idea of what might work for you once we see a photo of the pivot bar. 

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.