Coil Balance Quote Request

A home owner from USA says:
for double hung window from Sears about 15 years old. 2300 model double hung; 30 X 37 3/4 size. No other info. Need R and L; loweer half. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Called a repair person he's at a loss and says, "never seen this before." Just guessing about your model S190. Thanks
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'd be happy to help you find a replacement balance, but I will need more information since Sears bought windows from many companies. Please take a few pictures of the hardware in question, specifically of the coil and the shoe it fits into. Thanks!
A home owner from USA says:
I can not find any markings/stamp on the coil which might ID it. Just plain metal. Removed one and it is 1/2 inch wide. Which may help.

So I removed the bottom window and weighed it as suggested; 12.4 LBS. Does that sound reasonable?

You maybe able to tell, I have never taken apart a window before. Also, would I need the plastic coil holders, shoes ?, to be replaced as well? Seems so.

I have also included a few photos of the issue at hand.

If you could ID the coil and suggest replacements that would be great!

Thanks again

picture 1, top broken coil in plastic holder
picture 2, bottom broken coil in carrier plastic holder.
picture 3, photo of both broken coils still in window frame
User submitted photos of a coil window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Perfect! These photos were a big help in identifying your balance system. I recommend our S140-6, which comes in a complete set. I also think you should replace both the right and left hand balances for the sash, so that the sash will move more evenly. Finally, be sure to watch our video on replacing coil balances.
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.