Coil Balance Replacement

A quick learner from Camden, NJ says:

Hello Swisco I am in need of the coil balances for my window. I am attaching pictures of the coil balance installed and a picture of the broken coil balance. There is this number stamped on the ribbon of the coil balance "10JS". I hope this will help you identify the parts I will need. I am also sending a picture of the latch that is broken and I would like to replace. Thank you for you help.

Leonard 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220430_130758.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220430_131430.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220430_131057.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220430_131539.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220430_131701.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

If you have Certainteed windows, take a look at the 15-192 pivot shoe, which uses the Series 170 and Series 171 coil springs. You'll find other parts used with this assembly under the related items section of our product pages.

If you have Simonton windows, see the video below which recommends a different assembly since the dimensions of the 15-192 don't quite match the opening on Simonton window channels. 

As for your tilt latch, I would recommend removing an undamaged latch from one of your windows to compare to the specifications shown on the 26-243 and 26-244 product pages. Thank you!

A quick learner from Camden, NJ says:

Hello I recently purchased the 15-192 pivot shoe. After installing I found out that the pivot bar from my window is larger or should say thicker than on the 15-192 shoe. Is there a pivot hanger that you have for the 15-192? I am sending some pictures of my original pivot bar. It measures about 2/58 inches has the number stamped on it. I hope this will help you help me with the correct part. Thank you.

Leonard 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220511_103420.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220511_103436.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220511_103927.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220511_103832.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220511_103824.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

You are showing us a Simonton pivot bar. For this reason, I would recommend replacing your hardware with the replacement parts shown in the "Replacing a Simonton Coil Balance" video that we sent in our original response. The video shows all of the parts you'll need, including a new pivot shoe, coils, pivot bar, and related acessories. 

How to replace a Simonton coil balance
How to replace a Simonton coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.