Coil balance

A home owner from New Jersey says:

Hi, I am looking for the attached coil balance. I looked on your website and I don't see anything that resembles the end portion of this coil balance. Can you help me?

On some sites it's called the coil balance and other sites it's called the constant force coil. There are no numbers or markings on this. I'm sending you a picture and I'm hoping you can find this part for me. Thank you

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190925_151524.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190926_202414.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190926_202420.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190925_151512.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We'd be happy to help but we'll need a little more information to get started. Your coils are an older version but one of ours may still work for you. To determine your replacement options, we'd like to see a picture of your pivot shoe that the coil connects to removed from the window, as well as the width and thickness of the shoe. Thank you!

A home owner from Haddon Twp NJ says:

Hi,

Here is a picture of the pivot shoe in the window but I couldn't remove it. Does this help? The measurements are 1" x 1 1/2" x 1/2".

Thank you so much for any help you can give me.

Lisa

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190927_133114.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190927_133110.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Your coil springs for your 15-141 pivot shoe have been replaced with 15-140 pivot shoe and S150 coil springs. You will need to remove your pivot shoe to replace it and install the coil springs, so we've associated several videos on removal for you to review. For the coil spring, there should be a stamp number at the end of the coil that indicates the tension you'll need for your replacement springs.

A home owner from Haddon Twp NJ says:
Thanks Casey!

One last question. Would I still need the coil bushing and coil bushing cap that I was originally going to buy or will these 2 parts work without those?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Are you referring to our 15-143, 15-144, and 15-145? If you don't have covers/retainers from your old balance, then you'll definitely want these to keep the coils stable in the track.

How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.