Coil balance

A quick learner from Ky says:
Hi, I'm needing about 6 coil balances. The window is NUSash. The shoe patent # is hard to read, but it appears the # is 4. 610.108.
The patent # on the other part is 5,232,208. Any help on identifying these would be appreciated.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20190308_143054802_HDR.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. Looks like you have either a 15-111 Pivot Shoe or its heavy duty variant, the 15-191. This is compatible with our Series 160 Coil Springs. Look for stamps on your coil springs that indicate what stamp weight you need. If your coil springs lack stamps, weigh each window sash that has coil springs you need to replace, and tell us how many coil springs go with each window sash. Thanks. 

A quick learner from Ky says:
Thanks Bob. My coil spring says 9.0. I assume your 9.5 would work best for this? Thanks
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hm, most likely the 160-9 is the right choice. I hesitate only because it's a little unusual for the stamp on a S160-9 to show only a '9' rather than a '9.5'. Essentially the goal with these coil springs is to have half the weight of the window sash being supported on either side. So for instance, if your window sash weighed 19 lbs, you would want (2) of the 160-9. You would install one on each side of the window sash, so that 9.5 lbs of support were on either side of the window, totaling to the sash's overall weight of 19 lbs. If you are ever uncertain in your choices, the best thing to do is to obtain the weight of the window sash.

How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.